Pages

Thursday 1 November 2012

Its Happened...been a strange day


I’m so happy right now. Just checked my e-mail there and I had one in from Threadless which said 

Hi awesome designer, and congratulations!
We’re excited to let you know that your submission ‘Jump Into’ for iPhone cases has been accepted by our discerning panel of snobby judges. Your design is now up on the scoring block, and ready for voting and sharing. When the voting process is over, maybe, just maybe, yours will be the one! Aren't you just giddy with excitement? We are.
So good job… and good luck!
Love, Your pals at beta.threadless.com

I have been successful in my submission to the i-phone case competition, finally..lol. I've had a number of rejections, yes I know they weren't up to scratch but I longed for that first one getting in…but the wait has been worth it because I’m at a stage in life where I can actually make something from this great news and over the next few months the guys at Threadless will be bombarded with my designs. Its been a strange day for me, I was up at the Alcohol Action Conference today in Dublin, it was something I felt would help me to help others, I took time out of my job and life to attend but I have learned loads to bring back to my club where I’m the ASAP officer, plus I've met people today also from Cavan who can help us with educating the younger and older members about how to enjoy alcohol without doing damage both long term and short term. It made me feel good to think I was giving back, but when I got home I was feeling down a bit, brought on with things which have happened this summer, it made me question is what I’m doing here with the T-shirts worth it or just a fad that nothing will come from…amazing what a piece of good news can do to change your outlook on life. Funny thing is this morning on the bus up I got an e-mail from the minimalist website with their new essay on guess what? Overcoming Self Doubt…someday soon I can feel great things going to happen.